Congratulations to Rob Wolkon
Named as 2022 "Super Lawyer"
and Boston Magazine "Top Lawyers"
Rob Wolkon has been named a Business and Corporate “Super Lawyer” for Massachusetts and New England for the seventeenth year, and also appears in the Corporate Counsel listing, ranking the top 5% of Massachusetts attorneys. Super Lawyers names Massachusetts’ best lawyers as chosen by the independent research of Law & Politics magazine, based on a survey of approximately 31,000 attorneys. Rob also holds an "AV" Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, and was honored by being included in Boston Magazine's 2021 and 2022 "Top Lawyers" list.
Recent Cases and Legal Matters
Mergers, Acquisitions and Financing
We have recently been engaged in the following transactions on behalf of our clients:
- Stock sale of educational software developer
- Asset sale of major New England medical service provider
- Redemption of company equity in major New England distributorship to allow for exit of majority shareholder
- Sale of industrial fastener company
- Sale of an international manufacturing company to a global competitor
- Sale of a contract manufacturing company
- Representation of international software company in a Series A financing round
- Stock repurchase by management of a distributorship company from private equity investors
- Sale by a global software company of a division of its business to a major software developer
- Acquisition of a real estate management and maintenance company
- Sale of a regional waste management company
- Acquisition and sale of several dental practices
- Acquisition of a multi-state marketing company
- Acquisition of a major distributor of power equipment and machinery
- Acquisition of a tool & die company
- Merger of a VNA and hospice care entity with a major regional hospital
- Merger of two real estate management companies
- Sale of an educational company to a major international buyer
- Sale of a publishing company
- Sale of a multi-million dollar real estate development
- Sale of an architectural design company
- Sale of a restaurant
- We are currently working on transactions with our clients involving the acquisition or sale of companies in the manufacturing, construction, engineering, restaurant and software industries, and provide counsel to our clients on business succession planning matters, preparing to transition their companies to new ownership.
Corporate and Employment Matters
- We represented a high-tech corporate client in securing public debt financing to purchase new equipment and other infrastructure improvements.
- We completed a private placement offering for a client to raise working capital for ongoing business operations.
- We completed a work-out on behalf of a client, resulting in releasing the company and its owners from a multi-million dollar senior financing obligation.
- We have represented several senior-level executives in negotiating employment, separation and severance agreements with their employers in the financial services, software, retail, publishing, and health care industries.
- We have assisted many clients during the past year with new start-ups and business ventures, including financing, employment and operational issues.
- We continue to draft and update employment policy manuals for our corporate clients to conform and comply with recent developments in employment laws and practices.
- We represent many high-level executives in connection with drafting and negotiating employment agreements and separation packages.